Valerie Harper is an actress who has been in shows such as ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show,’ ‘Rhoda,’ ‘Freebie and the Bean,’ ‘Chapter Two,’ and others.
Table of Contents
What is the Net worth of Valerie Harper ?
Valerie Harper’s net worth and salary: Valerie Harper was an American actress who died in 2019 with a net worth of $1 million. Valerie Harper was born in Suffern, New York, and moved about a lot as a child because of her father’s job. She attended high school in Jersey City, New Jersey, and once her family relocated, she decided to stay in the New York area to pursue her passion for dance. Her ballet expertise led to roles in the chorus of a number of Broadway productions, including “Li’l Abner,” “Wildcat,” and “Take Me Along,” among others. She began her career as a performer with Second City Improv, which led to opportunities in Los Angeles.
View this post on Instagram
The casting director for a new sitcom named “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” noticed her and cast her in the part of Rhoda Morgenstern, which would make her a star. For her work on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and its spin-off, “Rhoda,” she won four Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe. She continued to work steadily, with cameo appearances on “Desperate Housewives” and “Drop Dead Diva” among her credits.
Biography and Early Life
She was born in Suffern, New York, on August 22, 1939. Valerie Kathryn Harper is her given name. Her parents were Howard Donald Harper, a lighting dealer, and Iva Mildred, a nurse. Leah Harper, her older sister, and Merrill Harper, her younger brother, are her siblings. Valerie is a naturalized citizen of the United States, although her ethnicity is unknown.
She studied ballet in New York City and graduated from Jersey City’s Lincoln High School.
Valerie Harper’s Professional and Personal Life
She began her career on Broadway as a dancer and chorus girl, appearing in productions such as Wildcat, Take Me Along, Looped, Li’l Abner, When You’re in Love, the Whole World is Jewish, and The Ballad of Irving.
View this post on Instagram
In 1970, she was found by casting agent Ethel Winant and offered the opportunity to audition for the part of Rhoda Morgenstern on ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show,’ which she played from 1970 to 1974, as well as in the spinoff series ‘Rhoda.’
- ‘Valerie,’ ‘Touched by an Angel,’ and ‘Three Sisters’ are some of Valerie Harper’s other significant TV shows (2001). She’s also featured as a guest on various shows and competed in season 17 of Dancing with the Stars.
- On March 6, 2013, she stated that she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis after being diagnosed with lung cancer in 2009.
- Harper was sent to a Maine hospital on July 30, 2015, after collapsing, and it was stated in July 2019 that she required “round-the-clock, 24/7 care.”
- She died in the morning of August 30, 2019, in Los Angeles, at the age of 80.
- Valerie Harper has received numerous awards and nominations.
- She was nominated for eight Primetime Emmys, six Golden Globes, and a Tony Award in 1974, winning four Primetime Emmys and four Golden Globes.
Status of the Relationship
- Tony Cacciotti is Valerie Harper’s husband.
- She is the mother of one child (Cristina Harper).
- Valerie Harper is currently not having an affair with anyone.
- Her sexual orientation is that of a straight woman.
More information about the relationship
Valerie Harper is a married woman with two children. Tony Cacciotti has been her husband since April 8, 1987. Cristina Harper was adopted and reared by the couple.
She was previously married in December 1964 to her boyfriend Richard Schaa. Her spouse was an actress as well, but the couple couldn’t keep their marriage together and divorced in 1978.
Controversy/Scandal and Rumors
Valerie has managed to stay out of speculations and conflicts in both her personal and professional lives.
Height, weight, and Body size
Valerie Harper is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 58 kilograms. She has light brown hair and green eyes. Her dress size is 4 and her body measurement is 33-25-34 inches (US).
Active on Social Media
Valerie Harper has approximately 328.8k Facebook fans and 51.1k Twitter followers. She does not appear to be active on Instagram, however.
Facts of Valerie Harper
|Birth Date:||August 22, 1939|
|Death Date:||August 30, 2019|
|Full Name:||Valerie Harper|
|Birth Place:||Suffern, New York, USA|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Father’s Name:||Howard Donald Harper|
|Mother’s Name:||Iva Mildred|
|Education:||Lincoln High School|
|Hair Color:||Light brown|
|Waist Size:||25 inch|
|Bra Size:||33 inch|
|Hip Size:||34 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
Originally posted on @